Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita)
ORAC - Peppermint has an approximate ORAC of 373,455 (TE/L) *
Key Ingredients Profile
- Menthol (34-44%)
- Menthone (12-20%)
- Menthofurane (4-9%)
- 1.8 Cineol (Eucalyptol) (2-5%)
- Pulegone (2-5%)
- Menthyl Acetate (4-10%)
Directions for use
- To improve concentration, alertness, and memory, place 1-2 drops on the tongue.
- Inhale 5-10 times a day to curb appetite.
- Rub a few drops onto the soles of the feet to relieve digestive disorders and the pain from headache.
Cautions: Avoid contact with eyes, mucus membranes, sensitive skin, or fresh wounds or burns. Do not apply to infants younger than 18 months of age.
* The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) unit, ORAC value, or "ORAC score" is a method of measuring the antioxidant capacity of different foods and supplements. It was developed by scientists at the National Institutes of Health. While the exact relationship between the ORAC value of a food and its health benefit has not been established, it is believed that foods higher on the ORAC scale will more effectively neutralise free radicals. According to the free-radical theory of aging, this will slow the oxidative processes and free radical damage that can contribute to age-related degeneration and disease.
Why the Costs of Essential Oils Vary