PH LITMUS PAPER TEST STRIP ROLL 5.5 - 8.0
Basic pH litmus test paper can be used to determine the acidity or alkalinity of the saliva or urine. This reading in turn can be used to adjust your diet to bring everything back into balance.
Our Hydrion pH Litmus Paper Test Strip Roll pH 5.5 - 8.0 is the most economical option to purchase pH Litmus Paper. Hydrion pH Litmus Paper has excellent colour separations to test urine and saliva in the acid range (below pH 7) and the alkali range (above pH 7).
The colour chart has pH matches at...
With a measuring range of 5.5 - 8.0 and precise pH matches down to 0.2 pH intervals, this accurate measurement range makes the Hydrion pH Litmus Paper Test Strip Roll the preferred choice of our customers.
- Each roll will give the user approximately 100 tests
- 6mm (1/4in) wide x 4.5 metres (15ft)
- A direct reading pH paper with the widest range available in a single paper
- A simple, single color match for all pH values
- Distinct and easily matched color separations
- Accurate, reproducible readings with an immediate response
Please note: Our range of pH testing equipment are genuine Hydrion pharmaceutical grade quality and not cheap imports. Hence your readings will be instant and accurate as is required in laboratory conditions.
Directions for use:
To use this product simply tear off a small strip (50mm - 2½") of pH paper and dip into test solution. Compare the instantaneous colour change with the matching pH colour chart.
Measuring your urine:
- Midstream*, quickly wet the paper with your urine flow. Immediately compare the colour of the paper to the pH colour chart.
- Alternatively, collect midstream* urine into a glass or jar, litmus paper into the urine. Immediately compare the colour of the paper to the pH colour chart.
The pH of urine upon waking should be around 6.2 - 6.8 and move towards an alkaline state pH7 and above after eating.
* Midstream means to start your urination and when you feel you’re half finished, that’s when you dip your paper into the urine flow or when you collect a small sample for measuring.
Measuring your saliva:
Upon waking, before you drink water, tea, coffee etc., have your paper ready and swallow whatever saliva is in your mouth. Draw-up fresh saliva and then swallow. Do this two times.
When you draw up saliva for the third time, spit this saliva onto a spoon and quickly dip your litmus paper into the spit. Immediately compare the colour of the paper to the colour chart. The same process applies if measuring throughout the day.
The pH of saliva upon waking should be around 6.4 - 6.8 and move towards an alkaline state pH7 and above after eating.
How to Test Your pH Levels