Vitality Plus Australia aims to make your shopping experience easy, informative and safe. Protecting your personal information is of the utmost importance to us.
SSL: keeping your transaction secure
When you purchase online from Vitality Plus Australia your transaction is secured using the latest online banking technology, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This technology encrypts your transaction information before it is sent to our online payment gateway, using the highest levels of encryption available (256 bit) in an online retail setting.
When the webpage you are on is secured using SSL, a small lock or key symbol will appear in the margin of your browser window indicating that SSL encryption is activated (the location and appearance of the symbol will vary according to your browser and operating system). The “http” in the web address will also be replaced by “https” – where the “s” indicates security.
Vitality Plus Australia uses eWay as our chosen Gateway combined with a GeoTrust.com SSL Certificate to provide a secure environment for the authorisation of credit card transactions over the Internet.
Credit Card details are not permanently stored on our transactional systems. The card number is stored until the order process has been finalised, after which time it is deleted from our system. Consequently, you will need to enter your credit card number when you select online credit card payment for each new order.
Protect your passwords.
If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters — a combination of letters and numbers is best.
- Do not use dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained.
- It is also recommended that you frequently change your password. If you need assistance with this, please contact us.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.